Pedabo is organizing a training/workshop on the Emerging Financial Reporting Standards: IFRS 9 (Financial Instruments) and IFRS 15 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers). The training course is scheduled to take place on 16th & 17th of October, 2018 at the Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Click here to download the Emerging Financial Reporting Standards Flyers
For registration, fill the form below:
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has issued a revised income Tax (Transfer Pricing) Regulations, 2018 effective March 12, 2018, thereby revoking the old Regulations.
Objective Of The New Regulations
The Regulations were issued to ensure alignment with the developments in international tax practice as it relates to Transfer Pricing (TP) particularly the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project embarked upon by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on the request of the finance ministers of the G20 countries.
The OECD developed thirteen (13) Action Points to mitigate BEPS. Action Point 8 to 10 (Aligning transfer pricing outcomes with value creation) and Action Point 13 (Transfer Pricing Documentation and Country by Country Reporting) focused on intangibles, contractual allocation of risks between Multinational Entities (MNEs), level of returns to funding provided by a capital-rich MNE group members and the requirements for filing “Master and Local files” among other issues.
Read Full Article Here
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (“FIRS”) in exercise of its powers as provided in Section 61 of the Federal Inland Revenue Service Establishment Act (“FIRSEA”) recently released Nigeria’s Income Tax (Country by Country Reporting) Regulations. The enactment of the regulation is also in line with there commendation of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project which recommended that signatory countries develop local rules regarding Country by Country Reporting (“CbCR”) to enhance transparency in tax administration. This regulation will also give effect to the Country-by-Country Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement signed on 27 January 2016. The regulation whose objective is to seek information about the global activities of multinational enterprises (MNEs) requires that MNEs with tax presence in Nigeria file certain information about their global operations with FIRS.
Read more here…….Country-by-Country Reporting
The National Pension Commission(“Pencom”) has issued an exposure draft of guidelines for the administration of pensions for self-employed persons and persons employed in the informal sector. This is in line with Section 2(3) of the PRA 2014. Pencom expects comments from the public and all stakeholders before amending and issuing the final Guidelines.
The draft Guidelines predominantly refers to a‘Micro Pension Scheme(“MPS”). It details the characteristics, modalities for operation, investments of the pension fund assets and the criteria for conversion between the Compulsory Pension Scheme(CPS) and MPS. We present below a summary of the salient issues addressed in the draft Guidelines for your easy reading.
Read full article here
Watch the Morison KSi corporate video filmed during the annual conference in Bangkok
Pedabo provides innovative solutions that go the distance, and this has earned us a reputation for unflagging success among our clients. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organization in an environment that cultivates professional growth and career development, then join us at Pedabo.
As part of our dynamic teams in the Audit and Tax Units, you will have access to a wealth of experience, continuous on- the-job guidance, and you will acquire key knowledge about industries, business strategy and practical business issues faced by our clients through your daily experiences that will help you build business awareness, technical, personal and management skills throughout your career.
GRADUATE TRAINEE REQUIREMENTS
- First degree in Accounting or any of the Social Sciences
- Fresh Graduate or 1 year working experience in an accounting and auditing environment
- Have a minimum of second class (Upper Division) Degree at first degree
- Must be a student member of ICAN/ACCA having written and passed the foundation papers of ICAN /ACCA qualifying exams
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Must not be older than 26 years old.
- Prepare Management accounts using basic accounting principles and concepts
- Perform basic accounting computations using basic accounting principles
- Examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy and conformity with reporting and procedural standards
- Identify with basic ideals of the Firm
Deadline for Submission: 30th September 2018
Join the Winning Team
Do you already have a solid resume, skills and experience? Are you looking to make the most of where your accomplishments can take you? Pedabo’s recruitment services provides opportunities both within the organization and several clients.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Vacant Position Below:
Job Title: Senior IT /Network Administrator
- – Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, support and design of all IT related concerns within the organization.
- – Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults; Troubleshooting system and network problems
- – Support various Application software in use
- – Monitoring, maintaining computer systems and networks; Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- – Prepare and maintain all records and files in relation to IT assets, network performance and problems.
- – Oversee the usage, management, support, renewal and reporting of licenced applications
- – Develop, review, communicate all IT policies and ensure user compliance.
- – Responsible for Setting up new users’ accounts, profiles and dealing with password issues;
- – Monitoring and Maintenance of Firewall and IDS/IPS, Management of webhost and Control Panel
- – Oversee IT security and the development/maintenance of IT strategic plans.
Required Qualifications And Experience
- – Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or any related discipline
- – Minimum CCNA/CISA qualification
- – Minimum of 5 years’ hands on work experience in a Professional service Firm
- – Experience in Managing IT environment of a company of not less than 50 users
- – Ability to facilitate projects and make sound technical decisions
- – Possess strong communication skills and has the ability to convey technical concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- – Strong leadership, project implementation and management skills.
- – Must be result oriented and proactive in responding and resolving IT related issues.
- – Must have knowledge about computer hardware and software installation, maintenance and repair.
Interested candidates may forward their resumes to email@example.com on or before Friday, 31st August 2018.
Pedabo offers an energetic range of audit, tax and financial advisory services to clients. In addition, there are rewarding opportunities to work in many internal services, including: human resources, communications, financial support services, and more.
Our client service teams help craft significant business solutions for both private and government organizations. We combine vision and creativity with market knowledge and industry expertise to support clients in realizing their business goals.
Where can you fit in? With Pedabo, you will experience the flexibility to move your career across the financial and business consulting disciplines to best experience a variety of career paths. We will help you realize your ambitions and support you in a rewarding career with one of the leading professional services firms in Nigeria.
Contact us Here for Internship opportunities
The firm has developed strong insights into major organizations and industries by using various skills and concepts developed by a young and highly motivated team of professionals, with varying backgrounds. They include Chartered Accountants, Information Technology specialists and General Management experts.
There are currently 15 consultants in the firm, most with advanced degrees. A great majority of our consultants have had immense and extensive experience in Audit, Tax consulting and Management Consulting spanning several years in a broad set of industries, which they bring to bear on client businesses. We are committed to selecting the best from this group to work on any of its assigned project.
The combined experience of our professional Staffers garnered from over ten years of Tax, Audit, Training and Management Consultancy Services attest to our abilities.
Pedabo has a vast experience within the Education sector. Our services are being rendered to all levels within the educational system. Our services are provided to enable the school focus on its responsibility of improving the next generation of leaders which we attend to others that relate to their financial, accounting and tax matters.
Services being rendered to the Education sector includes the following:
- Payroll services
- Accounting services
- Tax Management and advisory services
- Financial advisory services
- Transaction Taxes (VAT & WHT) Management
- Provision of statutory audit services
Our services to our manufacturing clients cuts across the breweries and beverages, consumer goods, packaging, property and real estate, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. The specific services being rendered to these various groups includes:
- Tax compliance and advisory
- Payroll management
- Audit and Assurance
- Business process review
- Mergers and acquisition
The firm has an in-depth knowledge and expertise in management of tax matters of companies in the oil and gas industry. We handle tax matters of our numerous clients in this sector professionally while the company concentrate on its operation without any hassle on tax issues. Below are some of the services we render to our oil and gas clients:
- Tax Management During the Pre-Production Stage
- Review and Advise on Capitalization of Pre-Production/Development Costs
- Computations of Estimates and Actual Petroleum Profit Tax
- Advice and Computations of Royalty on Crude Production
- Provision of Advice on Available Incentives
- Review, Advice and Computations of Capital Allowances on QCE
- Filing of Petroleum Profit Tax Estimates Computations
- Filing of Actual Petroleum Profit Tax Returns
- Advice and Computation of Capital Gains Tax of Disposals of Oil Assets
- Transaction Tax (VAT & WHT) Management
- Petroleum Profit Tax Audit Management
Pedabo’s financial services industry experts offers specialized & comprehensive solutions to investment & microfinance banks, insurance companies and investment managers.
Pedabo’s helps you navigate today’s highly competitive financial industry. Our professionals deliver audit, tax, and consulting services to a wide range of financial institutions, asset managers, investment managers and insurance companies.
Pedabo Financial Services include:
- Audit and Assurance
- Technical Accounting
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Securities Processing
- Information Risk and Security
- Data Quality
- Mergers and Acquisitions
We offer a unique combination of rich content from tax, audit, accounting to financial reporting, Forensic Investigation built on a customer-centric focus. Our facilitators are subject matter experts with practical insights from real-world experience and we leverage on our core competencies to bring a practical and relevant learning experience to you.
We use practical business scenarios drawn from various situations Pedabo has successfully navigated across various industries, our courses are fully accredited and count towards CPD requirements.
Our learning solutions cater to the diverse industries and cross functional requirements of practical practice. We run both open and tailored courses.
Pedabo is an independent member firm of Morison KSi providing Audit Assurance, Tax Consulting and Advisory to all sectors of the Nigerian economy.
Pedabo offers various professional services aimed at meeting the client’s expectation. Our vision is to be the leading professional Firm providing exceptional services with the assurance of timely solutions delivered to our clients’ Tax, Audit and Financial needs by warm, professional and dependable staff.
Morison KSi is a global association of leading professional service firms, established to meet the cross-border accounting, auditing, tax and business consulting needs of clients. Morison KSi has 160 member firms, in 86 countries, with 375 offices representing over 12, 250 professional staff and over US$1.03 billion in revenue.
Member firms offer a wide range of business services. Core services include audit, accounting, tax and legal with complementary specialism in consulting and corporate finance.
Watch the Morison KSi corporate video filmed during the annual conference in Bangkok